Get access to this resource free, simply fill out the brief form below.
73% of Retailers Plan to Utilize an Order Management System at the center of their Unified Commerce Platform within 3 Years
According to the BRP 2016 Digital Commerce Survey, 56% of retailers indicate their top digital priority is to create a consistent brand experience across channels. Retailers understand that consumers expect a personalized, seamless experience wherever, whenever and however they shop and they are focused on delivering a unified experience.
BRP’s 2016 Digital Commerce Survey of top North American retailers offers insights into retailers’ current digital commerce initiatives, priorities, and future trends that are focused on the customer journey and how the digital and physical worlds must combine to provide customers the seamless experience they expect.
PERSONAL – Effectively engaging customers requires retailers to offer personalized, relevant, compelling and consistent brand messaging across channels.
- 40% are focused on improving personalization as a top digital priority
- 50% will have customer identifying technology within the store in 2 years
- 58% plan to utilize geolocation within 2 years
UBIQUITOUS – Heightened customer expectations for a personalized, seamless experience necessitates that retailers have the ability to follow the customer’s journey as she shops across and among channels.
- 46% are improving the mobile shopping experience as a top digital priority
- 75% will host a single shared cart across channels within 3 years
- 50% will offer “start anywhere, finish anywhere” within 5 years
UNIFIED – Retailers’ organization and infrastructure need to be unified and aligned across channels to offer a seamless and consistent customer experience.
- 56% are focused on a consistent brand experience across channels as a top digital priority
- 73% plan to utilize an OMS as their unified commerce platform within 3 years
- 38% are adding new roles and employee initiatives to accommodate omni-channel tasks
To download the full BRP 2016 Digital Commerce Survey report, please complete the form to the right.
Who We Are
We are an independent retail management consulting firm helping many of the most successful retailers solve their business and technology problems.Learn More >>
What We Do
We help solve retail problems and identify opportunities for our clients to improve operational and financial performance, while gaining competitive advantage.Learn More >>
Get In Touch!
Contact Us >>