75% of Retailers Plan to have a Single Commerce Platform within 3 Years
Retail is more complicated than ever! The customer journey is never a linear process – customers want to quickly and easily move across channels to research, shop, and interact with your brand and they expect their journey to be personalized. To complicate this further, the mobilization of retail has spurred the convergence of the digital and physical experience – creating the need for real-time retail. The key to meeting elevated customer expectations is to create a consistent, personalized and satisfying shopping experience wherever, whenever and however they shop. Delivering on that experience requires a different approach that sets the stage for unified commerce.
According to the 2016 Customer Experience/Unified Commerce Survey, 51% of retailers indicate that creating a seamless experience across channels is their top priority. To support a seamless customer experience, 23% of the retailers surveyed have already implemented a single, unified commerce platform and another 52% plan to implement one within the next three years. Unified commerce leverages a single commerce platform to eliminate individual channel silos and solve the omni-channel integration challenges to offer a holistic customer experience across all customer touchpoints – in real-time.
Retail Partners (BRP) conducted the 2016 Customer Experience/Unified Commerce Benchmark Survey of top North American retailers to understand what retailers are currently undertaking to enhance the customer experience and the current state and future plans of unified commerce. Key findings in the 2016 Customer Experience/Unified Commerce Survey include:
- 51% of retailers indicate that creating a seamless and optimized experience across channels is a top priority this year
- 44% of retailers state that increasing customer loyalty is a focus for the next 12 months
- 75% of retailers plan to have a single commerce platform within 3 years
- Nearly 90% of retailers plan to have as part of their unified commerce platform, centralized inventory management, order management system and integrated CRM
- 89% of retailers indicate that within three years social media will be the predominant forum for interaction with the brand
- At least 75% of retailers plan to have mobile apps for associates and customers within three years