Customer-centricity is the Top Strategic Initiative for 47% of Retailers
Retailers must accommodate customers who “pre-shop” for merchandise online before they ever enter a store, want one-day or even same-day delivery, and expect “more” from their shopping experience – more personalization, a larger assortment, a more fulfilling experience and non-stop entertainment. Customer-led demand is driving retailers to transform their business to be more customer-centric.
Customers use technology daily to enable and control their shopping journey. Now it is up to retailers to play catch up with their organization, processes and technology to deliver the right products for the right price in the right place.
For retailers, it is imperative to take a customer-centric viewpoint. To innovate the customer experience, they must transform their disparate systems, processes and organization into one cohesive environment with the ability to offer customers a seamless shopping environment across any channel and the capability to deliver merchandise immediately – wherever it is needed. It is time to prepare for the future of retail – it is here – whether we are ready or not.
To prepare for today’s new retail model, retailers need to:
Align the organization
- 58% of retailers currently have an integrated planning organization across channels
Integrate planning processes
- 64% of retailers have integrated their business planning processes across channels
Implement the right technology
- 33% of retailers have implemented new omni-channel demand planning systems within the last two years
Prioritize customer insight
- 42% of retailers incorporate real-time customer feedback into their in-season planning
- 19% of retailers must overcome IT/business resource constraints to advance their planning activities
Complete the form to the right to download the 2017 Merchandise Planning Survey report.