Payment Security Update:
What’s Next After EMV?
Insights and best practices for protecting customers’ personal and payment data.
How to Accelerate
EMV Transaction Times
Don’t let slow EMV transaction times frustrate your customers.
Customer Data Security
BRP helped this retailer eliminate the risk of storing customer and payment data.
GDPR Risk Assesment
Understanding General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If your organization does business with any customers located in the EU, you should already be aware of GDPR. Adopted in 2016, this EU regulation known as the General Data Protection Regulation went into effect on May 25, 2018. The goal of GDPR is to protect EU individuals by providing regulations and guidelines around how their personal data should be controlled, utilized and safeguarded.
These regulations are not just for organizations based in the EU, but any business worldwide that does business with EU customers, and the potential penalties for non-compliance are fines of up to $23M, or up to 4% of total global revenue for the preceding year, whichever is higher.
Whether you store, process, or pass along any personal data about your EU customers, it is essential that you understand your potential risk and put a plan in place to address GDPR as quickly as possible to avoid the potential negative impacts on your brand reputation and public image.
BRP offers merchants different levels of service when it comes to assessing your current risk:
- GDPR Rapid Risk Profile
- GDPR Remediation Strategy & Roadmap
GDPR Rapid Risk Profile
For organizations who want to understand if they are at risk, we recommend BRP’s Rapid Risk Profile service. After completing our GDPR Data Questionnaire and participating in a workshop, BRP will provide you with:
- An individualized At-Risk Score against each of the key GDPR controls and requirements
- An individualized Risk Remediation Recommendation worksheet which outlines the key steps to get you started on the remediation path
GDPR Remediation Strategy & Roadmap
For organizations who are already aware they are at risk, BRP’s Remediation Strategy & Roadmap service offering will help formalize your remediation plan and ensure that your business has an executable strategic roadmap in place to address data privacy and security concerns. Through our proprietary Data Assessment Methodology, we will provide your organization with the following deliverables:
- Discovery Report– Includes a detailed review and risk heatmap of your current customer data environment and processing. This report will help provide a transparent view of your true risks and security gaps across data collection, processing, and the internal controls and business processes your organization utilizes in the handling of this data.
- Facilitated Workshop –Our leading data security experts will work with your organization to prioritize the areas of risk and design strategies for achieving compliance. Our experts will bring industry best practices and deep data security experience to this workshop to ensure any go-forward designs balance both business risk and customer data objectives.
- Remediation Roadmap –Contains a breakdown of each of the detailed remediation activities supporting the compliance strategy, the anticipated cost and resource effort, and a remediation timeline to help align your executive team around your compliance achievement objectives. This final report will also outline any recommendations around continued compliance and conformance with GDPR standards for monitoring, auditing and reporting on EU customer data.
ABOUT BRP CONSULTING
We are a comprehensive consulting firm helping many of the most successful retailers and restaurant operators solve their business and technology problems. We focus on three key areas: IT strategy, vendor selection and project implementation.
- Fashion’s infatuation with AR continues, but only certain use cases inspire consumer engagementNovember 14, 2018 - 3:01 pm
- Brand collaborations lead to double exposure for retailersNovember 12, 2018 - 5:52 pm
- Customer identification is key to personalization—yet most are anonymous until checkoutNovember 9, 2018 - 3:37 pm