Retail TouchPoints – Headlines screamed about a “Retail Apocalypse” in 2017, but what was really happening was a highly accelerated period of retail transformation. The 17 retail industry experts contributing to the Retail TouchPoints 2018 Outlook Guide paint a collective portrait of an industry undergoing seismic shifts in multiple areas:
- Stores are emphatically not dead
- Voice could radically alter the existing product search paradigm, giving a huge first mention advantage to the top result;
- Mobile devices for store associates will become the new must-have business accessory;
- Technologies including AI, IoT, bots, AR and even connected carswill start to prove their worth; and
- Customer engagement, via advanced analytics and what one contributor called “right-sized personalization,” will continue to be the ultimate competitive battleground.
“While it might be an “apocalyptic” outlook for some, the reality is that it is just the ever-evolving nature of retail and consumers.” said Brian Brunk Principal, BRP.
To Download the full report visit: 2018 Outlook Guide: Retail Industry Adapts To Rapid Change